Inserting and editing chapter names
Chapter names can be added at any point along the video timeline bar. Chapter names allow you to highlight changes in subject matter or places within the presentation that you can refer to in discussions with students (e.g. where important assessment information is discussed). Chapter names appear as yellow markers on the progress bar when the video is being viewed.
To add a chapter name:
- Select the point at which you would like the chapter name to appear.
- Click on the Insert Chapter option at the top right of the timeline window.
- Enter the new chapter’s name into the Edit Chapter dialog box.
To edit a chapter name:
- Select a point within the chapter.
- Click on the chapter name in the video preview window. This will re-open the Edit Chapter dialog box for that chapter name.
- Make the changes to the Chapter Name as appropriate.
- Click OK to accept the changes.
If you wish to move the chapter name at a later time, you can simply drag the chapter number indicator to a new location on the timeline. Dragging the chapter indicator number off the timeline to the right will remove that chapter name from the presentation.