Service Desk Agents: To get a license number to provide to requesters, go to W:\ITTS\Customer Service\Service Desk\ArcGIS licenses\ArcGISLicenses.xls
Input student/staff name/details into the spreadsheet next to the license code that you then provide to the user.
- Visit www.esri.com/StudentEdition to begin the process of activating and downloading your ArcGIS for Desktop Student Trial software.
- Log in using your Existing Esri Global Account, or Sign-up for a new Esri Global account, if necessary.
- Enter the authorization code and click Activate ArcGIS.
- Click ArcGIS 10.4 for Desktop, Download and install ArcGIS for Desktop Student Trial
- If necessary, download the ArcGIS Uninstall Utility and uninstall previous versions of ArcGIS Desktop or Server. The software cannot be installed on a computer that has a previous version of ArcGIS for Desktop or ArcGIS for Server installed. It's OK if the computer has ArcGIS Explorer installed.
- If necessary, install the Microsoft .NET Framework (version 3.5 Service Pack 1 or higher). The website will provide a link to download it.
- Determine the location for the ArcGIS for Desktop software you wish to install and click the Download button. You can also download the Tutorial Data, if desired.
- Once the download has completed click onto install, this will be where the pause button is in the above screenshot.
- Progress through the install wizard, selecting the relevant options. The "Complete" installation is recommended.
- After the files are installed, the Authorization Wizard will open and prompt you to choose a product to authorize; select "ArcGIS Desktop Advanced ArcInfo (Single Use)" and click onto Authorize Now at the bottom.
- Select "I have installed my Software and Need to Authorize it.
- Select "Authorize now with Esri now using the internet"
- Enter your Authorization code that you were provided by scu. e.g. EVA123456789
- Select the bottom of the two options and enter your authorization code in each of the boxes. Then press next.
Once the application has validated your code, you are ready to begin using ArcGIS.
Support for the ArcGIS Desktop Student Trial is available at esri.com/trialhelp