- Click on the Safari menu up the top-left of the screen, and select Preferences.
- Select the Privacy tab along the top, near the center. Then click onto Remove all Website Data.
- Click Remove now to finish removing the website data.
- Select the Advanced tab up the top right, then ensure that Show Develop Menu in Menu Bar is selected down the bottom of the box. Now close this box.
- Click on Develop which should now appear up in the top menu bar, and select Empty Caches.
- Once complete, close Safari, re-open, then try accessing the web page again.
If you are still experiencing a problem after clearing your browser cache, you may need to try an alternate browser, such as Google Chrome (www.google.com/chrome) or Mozilla Firefox (www.mozilla.org).