- Click on the Safari menu up the top-left of the screen, and select clear history
- Change the clear field to all history. Then press the Clear History button
- Click on Develop menu and select Empty Caches.
If you don't see the develop menu
- Click on the Safari menu up the top-left of the screen, and select Preferences.
- Select the Advanced tab up the top right, then ensure that Show Develop Menu in Menu Bar is selected down the bottom of the box. Now close this box.
- Once step 1 and 2 have been complete, close Safari for the effects to take place.
- Re-open Safari, then try accessing the web page again.
If you are still experiencing a problem after clearing your browser cache, you may need to try an alternate browser, such as Google Chrome (www.google.com/chrome) or Mozilla Firefox (www.mozilla.org).