All current students and staff now have free access to Microsoft Office on your personal devices as part of Southern Cross University’s subscription to the Microsoft Office 365 platform.
Important: Your Office 365 subscription will only stay active while you remain enrolled/employed at SCU. You can then subscribe to the consumer version of Office 365 using the same software you already have installed.
As a student or staff member at SCU, you'll be able to use this software at no cost on up to 5 compatible PCs and Macs. What’s more, you can also install these products on tablets such as the iPad or your phone.
For Microsoft Office for your computer, follow these instructions:
- Click on this link to the Office 365 Software page.
- You may need to sign in with your email login credentials
- On the installation page select your language and click install. The download will then begin.
For the Microsoft Office apps on iOS and Android:
- Download Word, Excel, PowerPoint from your device's app store
- When prompted, sign in with your email login credentials (this will unlock full editing capability)
If you have trouble installing Office, this guide may resolve your issue: http://aka.ms/office365help.
Note: Onedrive for Business application for Mac OSX is currently not supported. Microsoft have indicated it is in development and will provide an update to this application soon. However Onedrive for business is available via Outlook on the Web: http://onedrive.scu.edu.au
If you have already done these steps and signed up for Microsoft Office but you need to download another copy, visit this page.