There are two ways that you can login to an equitrac printer.
Swiping your staff or student card.
All Equitrac printers are equipped with a card reader, they are usually quite visible and look like the ones to the side of many doors around campus.
If you get a “login failed” message you need to either:
1. Get a new card from Student Services. It will take 24 hours for new cards to sync
2. Visit a Technology Services Service Desk as we are able to manually update your card
A temporary solution is to login using the printer screen as per the instructions below.
Login using the "keyboard" on the printer screen
1. If the screen is blank, press the "Energy Saver Button"
2. Swipe your card past the card reader, that way the printer will register it for use next time
3. You will see a login fail errror message. Press the log in / out button
4. Using the printer keypad to type in the following:
For students type: student\username
For staff please type: staff\username
5. Press "Next" to confirm your entry & move to the next screen
6. Type in your SCU password
7. You should now be automatically logged in
To finalize, swipe your card past the card reader and you should be automatically logged in.
Note. If you get an error page, press close and repeat from step 2