SCU printers use a system called Equitrac that allows you to print to any printer on campus with your swipe card. This system requires a special print queue installed on the computer. If this queue isn't installed on the computer you can add it yourself or any other printer that you have access to by following these instructions.
- Open Internet Explorer on your computer. Please note that to add the printer queue you need to use this browser. It will not work in another browser such as Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox.
- In your favorites should be a bookmark that says SCU Equitrac - (Your campus). If there is no bookmark in your Favourites then you can access the webpage by clicking this link
- Click on the printer that relates to your campus, e.g. Follow you-Staff Lismore.
- Underneath the Printer Actions heading on the left hand side of the page should be a link that says connect. Click on this and the printer will begin installing. Once the progress bar is completed the printer be ready to go.
- Print to this printer queue as you would any other printer, and when you swipe into the printer your job should appear on a list for you to print down.
If the connect button isn't displaying on the left hand side of the screen it's possible that you're using the wrong browser, or that your Internet Explorer isn't loading properly. To fix this:
- Click on the cog in the upper right hand corner of the browser
- Select Compatibility View Settings
- By default in the 'Add this website' field will have 'lp-stprn-wv' in it, if you still have the page open.
- Click on the Add button and then close the window.
- The connect button should now be visible on the left hand side.