Microsoft Silverlight is a browser plugin that you will need to be able to playback Mediasite lectures in your web browser.
It is strongly advised that you uninstall previous versions and do a fresh installation rather than upgrading as conflicting installations can otherwise occur.
Go to Control Panel > Programs & Features > look for Microsoft Silverlight in the program list - if it's there right click & uninstall.
Download the Silverlight installer from Microsoft's website. Once this installer is downloaded navigate to your downloads folder and find the file, which will be called Silverlight_x64 or Silverlight_x32 depending on your computer.
- Double click on the file, and click install now
- Wait for installation to finish
- Click finish
- Double click on Silverlight.dmg
- Right click or hold Control and click on Silverlight.pkg
- Click Open on popup menu
- Click Open on the prompt that says 'Silverlight.pkg is not from the Mac App Store, are you sure you want to open it?'
- Follow the prompts on the screen to install Silverlight onto the computer
Close and re-open your web browser to allow Silverlight to load (in some instances it may be necessary to restart the computer).
Try accessing your Mediasite lecture again.
If you still experience problems at this stage check the browser plugin is enabled, as described below.
- In the upper right hand corner of the browser, there should be a cog. Click on this > Manage Add Ons
- On the left hand column select 'Toolbars and Extensions' and below those options select 'All Add Ons' in the 'show' category.
- Look for 'Silverlight' and ensure that it is set to 'enabled' by highlighting and selecting the enable button.
- Open tools menu > Add-Ons
- Look for Microsoft Silverlight, and check to see that it is set to Always activate
- Click on the three horizontal lines in the upper right of the browser window
- Select settings
- Click on the Advanced settings option
- Underneath the Privacy heading click on Content Settings
- Underneath the Plug ins heading, ensure that Run Automatically (recommended) is selected.
- In the Safari menu at the very top of your computer, select Preferences
- Underneath the Extensions tab, select Silverlight
- Ensure that Enable Silverlight is selected
- Ensure that the on/off switch above the list of plugins is also set to On