Before proceeding, if you are on an SCU machine, please check that VPN is not currently installed (go to the Start Menu and search for Cisco AnyConnect Secure Mobility Client). If it is and you want to re-install the product for any reason, you need to first un-install it, then follow these instructions.
1) Open your web browser and type in this address: https://scu-vpn.scu.edu.au/scusecure
2) Make sure you have pop-ups allowed in your browser. To do this in Internet Explorer, click on the Tools menu and point to Pop-up Settings, make sure that popups are allowed. To do this in Firefox, click on Tools > Options and click on the Content tab. Under the content tab make sure that Block pop-up windows is unchecked.
You must ensure that you do this before proceeding to step 3.
3) Enter your username (the same username you would use for MySCU/Computer login e.g. bmurphy) and password (the same password as Email/Computer login).
4) Follow the install prompts on the screen as the installation runs, make sure you choose allow to any options given to you to enable the installation to go through smoothly. Please note that the automatic installation may fail, and you will be given the option to install manually. Click on the link to install manually, then run the file which will begin downloading. This will complete the install process.
5) Once it is installed, it will attempt to connect. If nothing appears, please go to the Start Menu and search for Cisco AnyConnect Secure Mobility Client. This will open up a box requesting a server name to connect to, please type in: scu-vpn.scu.edu.au
6) It will then prompt to you to login. Please ensure that the Group is set to SCU Secure Access, then enter your username, and your email password.
VPN on a Mac
Follow the steps above, up to step 3. Once you have logged in, the page will attempt to install the VPN, however if it fails, it will prompt you to install the VPN manually. Download and run the file in the link, and follow the installation prompts.
Once installed, you should see a folder within your Applications called Cisco. Open the program Cisco AnyConnect Secure Mobility Client. The icon should now appear up the top right of the screen, allowing you to connect to the VPN.
Ensure that you have the correct address listed when trying to connect (as shown below), and that you choose the group "SCU Secure Access" before entering your username and password (the same as your Email/Computer login password), then press OK.
Note: The only exception to this is if you have a specially created account for VPN access which is rare.