How to perform site copy
- Access the site you want to copy from.
- On the Control Panel, expand the Packages and Utilities section and select Site Copy.
*Select Copy Site Materials into an Existing Site
- Select the Destination site that you want to copy to (click Browse and locate the site).
- Select the content to copy over by ticking the individual boxes. Do not Select All!
- In the File Attachments section, select the option to copy links to:
*Copy links and copies of the content: Make copies of linked files, but only those files that are linked. Files within the site's home folder that aren't linked to any content within the site aren't included in the copy.
- Select Submit.
Behaviour of copied materials
When you copy, the site availability of the source site is applied to the destination site. If the destination site's availability is set to unavailable, but the original site is available, the destination site's availability is changed.
When you copy site materials, these occur:
- Content: Site materials, including uploaded files, learning modules, and links are copied. Site information, site documents, assignments, and URLs are optional.
Turnitin Assignments won't copy properly. Delete any copied Turnitin assignments, and check your grade centre to be sure the columns have been removed.
- Announcements: All announcements are copied.
- Tests, Surveys, and Pools: All tests and surveys, including questions and options for deploying them are copied. All pools are copied.
- Calendar: All calendar items are copied to the new site.
- Dates: Site item and tool dates don't change. To learn how to quickly adjust dates, see Date Management.
- Discussion Board: Include starter posts for each thread in each forum (anonymously) or include only forums with no started posts in the site copy.
- Grade Centre Items and Settings: Items in the Grade Centre and their settings such as type, categories, and display options are copied. This will create duplicates!
- Group Settings: Settings include the names of the groups, the settings for tool availability, and the discussion forum names.
- Contacts: All contacts are copied.
- Do not select to copy Site Settings
- Links: Links to parts of a site that aren't included in the copy will break when the links appear in the destination site. For example, if a link to a test appears in a content area and you choose not to copy tests, the link to the test will break.
- Content Areas: Content from content areas appearing on the site menu that have the same name in each site will be added in the same content area. Nothing is removed from the destination site and replaced with content from the source site.
Delegated Grading Setting
The delegated setting is brought over as enabled for all existing delegated grading assignments. The person who copies the site is set to grade all submissions and reconcile grades.
When you copy into an existing site, the delegated setting is brought over as enabled for all existing delegated grading assignments. All current users who can reconcile are also set to grade all submissions.